Hi guys, I just found out some pretty awesome info from The Disney Food Blog about The Upcoming Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot, also called the Bugs and Blooms. One of the great events going on this year and it happens to be when we are going. The festival is from March 6th to May 19th. It has thousands of beautiful flowers, tons of topiaries, music and food!
That is right, food!!! We are big foodies and I have always wanted to partake in the Food and Wine Festival (well the food part) and have never gotten the chance to eat my way across the globe, but this year we get a small opportunity to sample some of the world’s fare during the Flower and Garden Festival.
This year at Epcot they are expanding their regional food options during the festival and including several new booths, including 12 special themed marketplaces such as:
- Smokehouse Barbecue and Brew at American Adventure
- Florida Fresh at the World Showcase Promenade
- Primavera Kitchen in the Italy Pavilion
- And more!
Some of the menu items that have been released are as follows…
- Shrimp with Grits
- Zellwood Corn
- Angel Food Cake with macerated Florida Berries
- Watermelon Salad with Pickled Red Onions
- Baby Arugula, Feta Cheese and Balsamic Reduction
- Sweet “Frushi” made with Fresh Fruits and Coconut Rice
- Nonalcoholic drinks will include chilled rose blush lemonade and strawberry slush
I am pretty excited about adding this festival to our Epcot trip, Epcot is one of my favorite parks and getting an excuse to try new food, is always a winner to me!